Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Good pictures, bad internet

So, today is going to be picture light. Why?  The internet does not like me today. So all pictures are from the past five minutes taken with my iPhone.  Tomorrow there should be real camera pictures.


We woke up this morning, had a hearty breakfast (in Scotland I don't think there is such a thing as a light breakfast) and took the bus to pick up the rental car. On every bus I ask if they are going to my destination and the driver answers politely, but honestly all I hear is "Scottish Scottish Scottish Scottish" and assume if the tone is calm we are headed in the right direction. 


Today was my first day of driving on the left. It was remarkably less nerve wracking than I expected. We drove through the Scottish Highlands and Maggie took some pictures along the way and read to me. We saw some highland cows and many sheep. The highlands are majestic and driving through them made my hands sweat.


This is fake sleeping by the way. 

Inverness is pretty and quiet. We walked down by the Ness and played in the park for a bit, saw a ton of bunnies by the castle wall, did some shopping, and caught a bite before heading back to the guest house. 


Tomorrow off to see Loch Ness for Dini to meet his long lost kin. 


Then off to the Isle of Skye. 






No comments:

Post a Comment